Are you at a loss over what to get that special senior who is in your life during holidays and celebratory events? Carefully selecting gifts for senior adults can be challenging due to special needs and requirements such as lack of storage space. We've compiled a list of ideas that are sure to please even the most discriminating adult.
- Thirty Day Pill Organizer - Not only handy but it aids in reminding when medication needs to be taken.
- Flameless Candles - Provides a safe alternative to traditional candle and helps lift the spirit and mood.
- Adult Coloring Books - These are very popular for all ages and have been known to provide hours of positive brain stimulation. The coloring books can be an amazing creative outlet and can brighten the day for someone who may be at home or by themselves throughout the day.
- Photo Dialer Telephones - This savvy device is high volume and is equipped with large buttons. The Photo dialer phone makes calling relatives, friends and medical professionals less challenging for persons suffering with age, eye and ear related issues.
- Electric Heated Mattress Pad - Helps your loved one who complains about being cold at night or during the day, stay toasty and warm.
- Home Safety Items - Purchasing and installing home safety items like shower grips, guide rails and tub chairs can be a very welcomed gift.
- Medical Alert - Subscribe to a medical alert system where an emergency professional can be contacted with the click of a button should an emergency occur.
- Swivel Seat Cushions - Mobility is a challenge for many seniors. Swivel seat cushions make ambulating from a sitting to a standing position less taxing on joints.
- Magazine Subscriptions - Help to keep your loved one up to date on personal interests and hobbies.
- Walker Baskets - The basket allows seniors to safely transport small household items from place to place while securely navigating their walker.
- Errands & Homemaker - Everyone can use help with errands and household chores. Some can benefit from assistance with personal care tasks. Give a gift that is always perfect, the gift of a helping hand! Contact a volunteer organization or a local Home Care agency to request a companion or personal care assistant to help with shopping, meals, transportation and so much more! Hiring a caregiver not only provides peace of mind but can help to alleviate stress and anxiety felt but the elderly and the gift giver.
Easy Living Services, Inc. has been supporting Atlanta families by providing quality caregivers since 1994. Consult Atlant's most trusted source for Home Care 770-442-8664.
Affordable, flexible care plans designed to insure safety, comfort and companionship!
For more information click on: