Each week, Easy Living Services interacts with clients that are struggling to make decisions not only for themselves, but also for a loved one. Each family has questions and we took our most common queries and posted them below. We hope you find them useful!What are the three most important qualities to look for in a caregiver?
- Compassion, Passionate about helping others & Skilled - Caregivers that are Certified Nursing Assistants who have a minimum of 5 years experience. Demand a rigorous screening process that includes an extensive background check, in-depth interview and personal and professional reference checks. Only with an agency that provides this are you ensured of working with a highly skilled caregiver who is passionate about caring for those who need assistance. For your peace of mind, our referred caregivers meet all of these criteria and are fully insured.
- All non-medical assistance that will keep your loved one safe and comfortable at home, at the hospital or in a nursing or re-hab facility. Companion / Homemaker / Personal Care - Caregivers can provide light housekeeping, errands, meals, socialization and companionship. Personal Care can include bathing, dressing, grooming, safety, sanitation and meal preparation.
- Ensure that your provider has a large staff of qualified, professional and reliable caregivers - In the event of caregiver illness or emergency absence this ensures that a replacement is available. Easy Living Services maintains a backup program and has a large network of professionals available to assist with your needs.
- You will want to ensure that caregivers are screened, trained, have an excellent work ethic and are insured for your safety - Caregivers that have been professionally trained specifically in working with persons who are disabled, recovering from an illness or injury as well as senior care must be adequately screened to ensure that they are qualified to care for your loved one. Working with an agency is like having an insurance plan ensuring that you have a qualified caregiver available when you want and need "life made easier".
- Clients requiring around the clock care can opt for a caregiver to live with their loved one. The caregiver must be able to sleep 7-8 hours at night and have a separate room for sleeping. Live-in services are available for both Companion and Personal Care. Instead of paying an hourly rate Live-In rates are normally a flat fee per day making the cost a more affordable option. Easy Living Services rates are highly competitive - starting at $175/Day.
- Yes. Some clients require only part-time care. Easy Living Services offers hourly care services starting at only $16.95/Hour. (Some minimums may apply.)
- Your caregiver provider should be available 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. When their office is closed, there needs to be an on-call knowledgeable person availble to assist with any emergency needs. Easy Living has an on-call knowledgeable person available to assist with emergency after hour needs 24/7/365.
- Ask yourself if a bigger company is necessarily a better company. Home Care agencies are one of the largest growing industries in today's market. "Big business" has seized this opportunity. Franchised, "locally owned" agencies are on every corner. A franchise owner typically goes to franchise school for a couple of weeks and then becomes apart of a large corporate run entity. At Easy Living you control your Home Care service and selection guided by our expertise and insight. At Easy Living caring is more than just a business, it is our philosophy in action every day!
Easy Living works with only the best Atlanta caregivers. Many of our clients have used our service for 10+ years and the feedback is consistent in superior levels of satisfaction. We are your Home Care staffing expert - we've been assisting Atlanta families for over 20 years!
For more information on professional In-Home service for your loved one, please contact Easy Living services today at (770) 442-8664.