Anyone with senior parents worry about their safety and well being. When considering options on the best way to care for mom and dad, a simple solution is to keep them at home with the help of a professional caregiver. Home Care is not always probable for every situation but for many it is a perfect option. Keeping your loved ones in a safe and familiar environment can prolong their health.
Countless studies show that over 90% of the elderly population say that they want to spend the rest of their lives in their own home. In fact these studies also show that seniors fear moving into a nursing home and losing their independence more than they fear death. Here are but a few benefits of aging at home:
- A familiar environment is comforting.
- Home Care expedites healing. There is a faster recovery at home vs. medical facilities.
- Having assistance at home can be more affordable than the cost of a nursing home.
- Aging at home promotes dignity and independence. Dignity and independence equals happiness.
- Care at home is personalized designed on individual needs and preferences.
- With home care assistance the chances of getting an infection or catching something from another resident is greatly reduced. It is a healthier environment.
- Staying at home extends and improves the quality of life.
Here are some of the tasks that a professional caregiver will perform:
- Meal Preparation
- Shopping and errands
- Linen change
- Transportation to appointments and outings
- Medication reminders
- Oral care and good hygiene
- Assistance with mobility
- Companionship and socialization
- Assist with a crisis or medical emergency
You may need to make home modifications such as handrails, raised toilet seat, removal of scatter rugs that can cause slips and falls, along with other home safety features through out the home. However the main goal is to keep our parents and loved ones happy and safe and at home is where we all want to be. By taking the proper steps aging at home can lead to a less stressful life for both you and your loved one.
Consult Atlanta's most trusted source for quality Home Care assistance, Easy Living Services, Inc. We have supported Atlanta families in their efforts to keep loved ones fulfilled and safe at home since 1994. Offering flexible care plans designed to provide companionship and personalized attention.
To learn more call 770-442-8664